Dr Maryam Zamani featured in The Daily Mail
Bye bye ‘tramp stamps’, tribal tattoos and names of exes: Changing tastes and failed relationships are main reasons we want to get rid of our inkings
Dr Maryam Zamani of the Cadogan Cosmetics, a leading cosmetic clinic in Chelsea, has reported on the most popular reasons Britons decide to get their body-art lasered off.
Dr Zamani said: ‘We have seen a major increase in recent years as more and more people are getting tattoos and then realising for whatever reason that they don’t like it and want a relatively quick or easy removal.
‘The good news is that laser technology has come a long way and it’s no longer a matter or needing to actually remove the space where the tattoo was.
Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie are among numerous A-Listers who have resorted to the procedure
Let’s hope Cheryl never decides she doesn’t want her rose tattoo…
‘Now we can use specially designed lasers which targets different colour particles to remove the pigmentation from the skin.’
The most regretted tattoos
1. Lower back tattoo – or ‘tramp stamp’
2. Arm ring tattoo – or ‘tribal’ tattoos
3. Name of now insignificant partners
4. Drunken mistake
5. Changing body shape – the tattoo doesn’t look like it used to
6. Poor quality – disaster inking that went wrong
7. Job hunting – visibility on places like wrists
8. Music bands – bands breaking up
9. Eye brows – not happy with look of them
10. Change in interests – likes and dislikes have changed
They use laser equipment with prices starting from £150 a treatment. A course of eight treatments is usually recommended depending on the size, colour and type of tattoo.
Posted on Categories: press