The end of summer has arrived…..
As the summer months have com to an end, we may be left with dry, sun damaged skin. Fall is the perfect time to help rejuvenate our skin. There are three essential rules to a good skin care regimen:
1. Keep it simple
2. Keep it gentle
3. Keep it up!
Lets start with the basics:
1. Treat our skin gently. Cleanse your face gently with warm water. Limit hot water as it strips natural oils from your skin. Do not overcleanse and pat the skin dry. I recommend using the Clarisonic Brush to help remove oil and dirt in a gentle manner.
2. Exfoliate on a regular basis, such as 2-3 times per week. Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin on the face and body and helps improve hydration from moisturizers and sunscreen. You can buy various exfoliates or you can make your own. Using a body brush can also help remove dead skin cells while also helping circulation flow throughout the body. Remember to move the brush upward in a circular fashion.
3. Use an antioxidant with Vitamin C on your face daily to penetrate deeper, to help combat free radicals caused by UV radiation and to help improve skin tonicity. I recommend skinseuticals CE ferrulic serum. Not only will this help in the fall months, but it is an important arsenal in the fight against sun damage during the sunny months as well.
4. Moisturize and protect your skin from sun damage with daily sunscreen protection with a minimum SPF of 30. Even in the grey fall months of London, UV rays still penetrate through the clouds causing damage to the skin that manifest as lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, and skin cancer. Different sunscreens I like include neutragena, la roche posay, and heliocare.
5. Treat your skin from within: Drink plenty of water, eat a healthy diet filled with lots of green vegetables, quit smoking, and reduce stress wherever possible. Engage in activities and exercises that relieve stress. And finally, while it is easier said than done, try to get your much needed 8 hours of sleep.
6. Lastly, once you have been out of the sun for a month, any remaining sun damage and pigmentation may be treated with prescription creams, peels, and lasers
Remember, KEEP IT SIMPLE, KEEP IT GENTLE, and KEEP IT UP!Posted on Categories: Uncategorised