Website Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.mzskin.com (Site). The Site is operated by or on behalf of Cadogan Clinic Limited (we, us and our). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want your personal information distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address, billing address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, purchase any goods, upload or submit any material via the Site or request any information;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Site;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; and
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site, we may, by means of cookies and/or other similar technologies, automatically collect additional information about you – such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device. See Cookies and other technologies for more information.
We may, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a “Tell a Friend” programme, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
Uses made of your information
We use your personal information which we collect to:
- enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Your personal information which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. Such storage is necessary in order to process the information. Personal information submitted may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your personal information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By using the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.