B12 is a key player in the function and development of the brain and nerve cells, a nutrient in the Vitamin B complex that the body needs in small amounts to function and stay healthy. Essential for the health of your skin, hair and nails B12 plays a role in cell reproduction and therefore the renewal of your skin.
Diet is the most common cause of B12 deficiency as a lot of meats, fish and dairy products provide B12, people who lack in these foods can become deficient.
How often someone can have a B12 injection is dependant on the reason for deficiency but can vary from as often as once a month to every 2 to 3 months.
More benefits from a B12 booster shot include:
- Gives you an energy boost – assist in the process of converting food into glucose, in which the body requires for energy production.
- Improves brain power – Supports mental and cognitive performance.
- Prevents Fatigue – Many of us suffering from a b12 deficiency visit our GP complaining of tiredness and fatigue.
- Boosts your metabolism – B12 helps boost your metabolism, by increasing this vitamin can be invaluable support if you are trying to lose weight through diet and also help boost efforts in exercise.
- Prevention against illness and diseases – B12 lowers levels of compounds which is linked to a number of serious health concerns.
Miss Ellie May Wright