I love the New Year; in fact, I love every new day because it means you can start fresh and tweak what did not work before. We have 365 days to make the most of what we hope to achieve. But it’s not all about doing and accomplishing. The New Year marks a time when we can reflect on the past, make changes for the future, and lay down the groundwork to find success (whatever that may be).
Reflecting on the tumultuous last year (and take your pick of crazy elections, state leaders that we wish we could change, war, doom scrolling…) I think prioritizing mental well-being should be high on our to-do list. That means making time for YOURSELF in whatever makes you happy. Start a new habit that benefits only you and makes you feel good about yourself.
For me, I will prioritise
- Meaningful relationships and community. I do like so many people, but there is not enough time to see everyone, work, make memories and spend time with family and friends. I will prioritize those relationships that bring me joy, help me learn & grow and that I can reciprocate with love.
- Spending time in nature. Having been on holiday in the mountains this new year, I realised that my favourite place to be is in nature. I feel wholly grounded when I am with the elements. In London, I spend very little time outdoors and that is something I have decided to change.
- Self-Care: This has always been an important aspect of my life and an essential part of the self-care rituals I have created with MZ Skin. Self-care can be as little or as long as you need it to be and includes exercise, skin care, meditation, tweakments, or simply taking time off to make memories.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. This is a little tricky for me because I, like so many, am particular about what I want, how I want it, and when I want it…but I will try to remember that the big picture is way more important than the details and that sometimes plans take longer to achieve than anticipated and that is ok.
- Gratitude: Acknowledge one thing you are grateful for each morning when I wake up to start the day with a positive mindset
- And finally, to call my mum and dad every day, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
These are relatively simple and achievable points I hope I can stick by. Consistency can be your mantra and is the foundation to building healthy habits and lifestyle. With every new day, it’s a new opportunity to be our best, to feel our best and to look our best. Happy new beginnings to our MZ community.
Top ReBoot Treatments for January:
After a hopefully happy and healthy (and maybe a bit indulgent) festive period, January is the perfect time to reboot yourself and focus on creating healthy habits.
January is also the perfect time to have treatments and set yourself up to be your best self at every age. Here are a few of my favourite post-holiday in-office treatments:
- For those who have returned from the holidays with unwanted pigmentation, laser treatments can be used to help reduce the appearance of sun damage. For darker skin types, MOXI laser is an excellent way to treat photoaging and promote collagen and elastin production with a small amount of downtime (typically 5-6 days). MOXI can be used in combination with other treatments like BBL or IPL anywhere on the face and body to give you radiant even skin.
- For those that want to help improve skin tone and scarring and have a stronger refresh, fractional or ablative CO2 / Erbium laser can help. Again, depending on the intensity of the treatment, there can be 5-14 days of downtime with significant improvements to the skin.
- Summer bodies are made in the winter. Treatments like CoolSculpt can help treat pockets of fat on the face or body and are often used in conjunction with other treatments like EmSculpt NEO. EmSculpt NEO helps to improve skin tone and texture, build muscle, and decrease fat in four weekly sessions. Neither treatment has downtime.
- Injectables: January is the perfect time to top up toxins, hyaluronic skin boosters to hydrate the skin from within and dermal fillers to help contour the face or replace volume lost.